10 Things College Bound Juniors Can Do Now
The Junior Year is a great time to get a jump start on the college admissions process. Here are 10 things to get you started.
1. Keep your grades up! Staying competitive with your GPA and Class rank is a valuable way to stay ahead of the competition.
2. Set up a college board acct. - Once you are on College Board, you can take advantage of the many wonderful resources they offer.
3. Begin researching colleges - Here is an excellent resource for you. https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/?affiliateId=FeaturedListing&bannerid=bigfuture_usearch
4. Register for an SAT and ACT test. It s a good idea to take both to find the one you are most comfortable with.
5. Sign up with Khan Academy to begin free SAT prep. You can design a schedule that works for your study time.
6. Build a resume
7. Look for leadership opportunities and fill any holes you may have in your resume.
8. Network with your High School teachers and counselors. They will likely be writing letters of recommendation for your college applications. Give them an opportunity to get to know you now.
9. Get a professional email address.
10. Attend College Fairs