This time every year, my mailbox is filled to the brim with graduation announcements. Nothing makes me smile more than to see the smiling faces of students, friends and family members who are graduating from high school.
I love to give them a gift and enjoy picking out something unique for each of them. The items on this list are some of my very favorite and if you click on them, it will take you to the link to purchase them and have them mailed straight to you or even directly to your graduate! It doesn't get much easier than that!
- a nice water bottle: Most college students do more walking in their first semester than they’ve done in their life, so a quality water bottle can go a long way. Nalgene is a classic, the ever-accessible CamelBak is always a hit, Hydro Flask and Yeti both offer incredible insulation.
And you can never go wrong with a cute monogram sticker for girls to add extra personalization!
mugs: Late nights of studying are coming these students’ ways, so set them up for success by supplying them with some mugs! Whether you want monogrammed or floral, Anthropologie offers only the classiest of options, while society6 offers unique designs on these artsy mugs.
- pens and a pencil bag: With their last finals and graduation about to be behind the, graduates are going to need to replenish their pen stock (especially for all the note-taking they’re about to do!). Some of our favorites include: Sharpie pens, uni-ball gel pens, felt tip pens, just to name a few. And don’t forget to give your grad a way to carry and organize them (i.e. see one of our favorite pencil bag options!)
- laundry set: Put together the perfect set for students to keep their life together by keeping their clothes clean! Things you’ll need: collapsable laundry basket, detergent pods, dryer sheets, a roll of quarters, and savior of their laundry lives, Do Your Laundry or You'll Die Alone.
- monogrammed towels: Monogrammed towels are a great way for recent grads to make their new dorm feel like home. Adding a personalized touch (which also comes in handy with roommates), this gift is thoughtful and not much work on your part!
Medium price range
- gift cards: Don't roll your eyes at these pieces of plastic magic. Gift cards are one of the most helpful, undervalued gifts for graduates. In case you need a last minute gift, emailing or printing Amazon gift cards is always a great idea (most grads will need to use Amazon to purchase something soon!). And for your convenience, gift cards to stores or restaurants, like
eno: High school and college kids L O V E enos. They allow for time outside, by themselves or with friends, are easy to use, and SO fun. You truly can’t go wrong with this gift, whether a DoubleNester or a Single.
journal with name engraved: New grads are about to start a brand new chapter of life, and what better gift to give them than a journal to track their journey! Some of our favorites are May Designs notebooks, a fairly inexpensive and highly customizable option, or the more durable Jenni Bick journals.
travel mugs: In addition to cute mugs, travel mugs are crucial for college kids. Zojirushi’s top-rated travel mug would never fail to help your favorite grads get through their hardest nights and sleepiest mornings (or try Contigo's travel mug for a nice gift-set option)!
Higher price range
jon hart bags: Jon Hart bags are always a hit! Simple, classy, durable, these products make perfect gifts for every graduate.
Breville Espresso Maker is a gift for the coffee lover in your life. My college son received one for Christmas last year and loves it!
Beats Headphones: Most students enjoy music and having a great pair of headphones allows them to listen to their favorite tunes without disturbing their roommates or those around them. Check out these Beats headphones!
Kendra Scott necklace and/or earrings in school colors: A necessary piece to every college girl’s wardrobe these days is a big ‘ol piece of bling that represents their school pride! Especially for game days, Kendra Scott pieces give outfits a little more glam and a little more school spirit. Longhorns especially appreciate Kendra pieces, like these goldstone earrings, to add a little sparkle, a little burnt orange, and a whole lot of pride to their game day outfits. Any Baylor Bear would love this rich green necklace to add to their collection, and Red Raiders love to add pops of red to their outfits, like this bright red bracelet.
TV: Every one could use a TV, and a 24-inch screen is the perfect size for a dorm room! If you’re looking for something a little bigger, a 32-inch Vizio is also a great option. TV’s are a great way for freshman to bond over their favorite movies or play XBOX… They make school feel a little bit more like home!
- chaco sandals: As Dr. Seuss said, “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” Adventure awaits every graduate, no matter what they have planned after graduation, and every adventure requires a good pair of shoes! And what better shoes for graduates than Chacos! Meant for hiking, water activities, and countless other adventures, these shoes are the perfect choice for any recent graduate.
- keurig: Need I say more?? The Keurig has been a revolutionary product for college students across the country, and in my opinion, one of the best inventions ever. Every single graduate deserves this splendid piece of machinery. 10/10 would recommend.
- blender: Dorm food doesn’t always offer the healthiest of options, making this Nutri Bullet a great, easy way for a recent graduate to eat healthy! This could prove a better option than a typical-sized blender due to small dorm sizes, but if that’s not a worry, than a Ninja Pro Blender could work well, too!
- Bicycle: All students headed to college can benefit from a bicycle to help them navigate around campus. Here is a bicycle for the guys.
- gameday boots: A nice new pair of boots puts anyone in a good mood, especially recent grads headed to southern schools! Game days, two-stepping, state fairs & rodeos - all perfect occasions to wear new boots. Whether you're buying for a Longhorn, an Aggie, a Horned Frog, a Bear, or any other new college freshman, gameday boots are essential!
- macbook: Every graduate would be thrilled to receive a new computer. The macbook is an excellent choice.
- dell notebook/tablet: Dell makes some excellent products for college students. Check out Dell University for more information.
- apple watch: I don't know a high school or college student who wouldn't love an apple watch.
Whatever you choose for the graduate in your life, I know it will be much appreciated as they spread their wings and learn to fly!