Time is Ticking, but its not too late!
Yes, time is ticking and we are late, late for very important dates! However, it is not too late for you seniors to apply to college.
I wanted to write this article to give some of you hope. You see, one of my favorite students was not accepted into the University that she had planned on. Here in the south, we might describe her situation as putting all of her eggs in one basket. You see, often students are set on a specific school and put all of their effort into applying to that school. When the acceptance letter doesn't come, they have missed the opportunity to pursue other schools with the same enthusiasm.
At Imagine College Coaching, we can help you still find the right school for you even though it is late in the game.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Do your research. Find schools that still have applications open.
2. Be your own advocate. Reach out to admissions counselors. They are eager to help you.
3. Take the SAT / ACT tests as soon possible.
4. Get your applications submitted as soon as possible.
5. Make sure you provide all supporting documents with the application
Here are some schools with late spring / summer deadlines
Alfred University Allen College American Baptist College Auburn University at Montgomery Augsburg College Belmont Abbey College Belmont University Bethel College Bloomfield College Bob Jones University Boise Bible College
There are so many options for you! I want to encourage you that if none of these are right for you, then you still have options.
Other options to consider
1. If you find that you have missed all the deadlines at your Universities of Interest, then consider going to a local college and taking basic classes and transferring into the University the next semester. Just think, you can have your application in early if you are postponing a semester.
2. Get a job and save money for the next semester. Some employers will even pay for you to get your undergraduate degree.
3. Take a Gap Year. Check out our article on this in our online library. Great ideas for you!
4. Take time to apply to several schools for the next semester as well as looking extensively for scholarships.
At Imagine College Coaching, we believe that EVERY SINGLE STUDENT has a bright future ahead. Contact us today and let us help you reach your exciting destinations. Your future it bright!